E8 is GREAT
There is LOADS of great stuff happening in E8. Here are some of our favourite places to eat and drink in the neighbourhood:
Berber & Q
- Middle Eastern grill house. Hit the Mighty Merguez and Harissa Hot Wings on a piled-high tray of pillowy pittas and mega mezze. Get in before 7pm or after 9pm to beat the queues.
- Banish your Friday
night hangover with a Saturday
morning stroll to Broadway Market and an EPIC bacon butty from Le Swine
(in the schoolyard).
- Amuse yourself with a plate of Wild Boar Salume while you're waiting for the hearty Ribollita soup to come back on the specials board.
- The sister restaurant to Soho's Ducksoup, Raw Duck has a similar vibe, with an ever-changing menu of seasonal small plates. The brunch menu is STRONG and it runs till 5pm
on a Saturday
- At £10, the Hanger Steak with Calabrian chilli is a contender for east London’s best value beef. If you don't order the Rosemary & Garlic Fried Potatoes, you're doing it wrong.
- Blast away the winter chill with the fearsome Venison Jungle Curry. They've just opened for weekend brunch, which means Rice Noodle Soup with braised beef shin, pickled morning glory and burnt chilli sauce, Chinese Doughnuts and hard-to-find teas from The Land of Smiles.
- Don't just order the rich, porky Ramen with bouncy home made udon noodles. Top up your winter layer with crunchy King Prawn Katsu and tender Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken).
- The Prawn Saigon Pancake at Tre Viet on Mare St is delicious and brilliant value. If you don't order it you're an idiot. See also Chicken Royal.
Anywhere we've missed? Tweet @BigEater
with the hashtag #E8isGREAT
and if we agree we'll get it up there.