Ginstock - Gin Gizzi Go-Go
It is World Gin Day on Saturday 15 June. Here’s what to expect from #Ginstock and the Ginstock Lock-In if you’re coming down (all day from noon until late):
- 10 competition drinks from 10 great bars working with 10 great gin brands.
- Kiss Kiss Bang Bang after party in The Gin Store from 6pm – a DJ set from Gizzi Erskine, Go-Go dancers, close-up magic, a ‘Gin It to Win It’ casino, and cocktails from Boodles.
- If you don’t have a taster ticket (sold out) you can try eight great gin drinks (including Martini, Martinez, Aviation and Gimlet) at ‘Jimmy’s Gin Joint’ from noon (next to the Camden Keg Bar).
There will be great street food all day from noon until late:
- Yum Bun – Pork and Veggie Bun plus a Ginstock special.
- Breddo’s – Short Rib Beef Tacos and Mint Crunch Fried Chicken.
- Dogtown – Juniper-Smoked Hot Dogs.
- For the first time ever, you’ll get to try Ben Spalding’s Stripped Back Barbecue.
- Ribstock-winning belly pork ribs with pineapple slaw from Redhook.
- Rotary fried chicken buns and burgers.
- Ice Kitchen 'poptails' laced with Williams Gin.
- New ice cream flavours from Sorbitium Ices.
If you’re not doing the tasting/voting thing, you can still come along for the day (to share a friend’s drinks – there are a lot) or to dip into the delicious street food from some of London’s best traders whilst enjoying the Merchant Yard atmosphere. The Yard Bar will be open all day and you can get stuck in to the #GinStore and Boodles after party until late.
Read what Time Out is saying about the day.
Photo credit: pixelhut