How to #HawkerHouse 2015
#HawkerHouse is back and you’re all over it because you’re AWESOME. Before you rush over, take a few moments to read our 'How to' guide:
- Arrive early or come late. #HawkerHouse is open from 5pm to midnight and it gets REALLY busy between 7.30-9pm. Get in before 7pm to beat the £4 door charge.
- Chirpse. Say hello to someone you’ve never met before, especially if they’re drinking whisky. #QueueDating
- Cosy up to a hot drink. Head to the Rotary Bar on Levels 1 and 2 for a Hawker Hot Toddy or Kraken-laced Hot Spiced Apple.
- Graze. Bring a few friends and share everything. That way you get to try more and eat loads. #Sharesies
- Have a drink at the Whisky Bar. Choosing one of our 50 whiskies from Scotland, the US, Ireland and Japan is hard but #WhiskyRoulette is EASY. Take an £8 spin and you could be sipping top shelf liquor at (almost) Wetherspoon prices.
- Don’t hog a seat all night. #HawkerHouse is a circus not a restaurant and the seats are the waltzers - jump on, have a spin and then jump off so someone else can have a go. Cheers.
- Get cashback at the bars. All of the bars take cards but if you’re eating you’ll need a fistful of folding. The nearest free cash machine is outside Tesco just north of #HawkerHouse but why wait outside catching a cold?
- Treat yourself. The Milk & Honey #MercuryLounge at #HawkerHouse is not for everyone. But if you like spending good money on proper drinks, come on up.
- Divide and conquer. Line up for burgers while your friends pair off for beers and barbecue. In a few minutes you’ll have earned yourselves a spread worth missing your nan's birthday for. Sorry nan.
- Drink BIG. Share a magnum of great wine at the Wine Bar and/or a giant festival-sized cocktail at the Rotary Bar.
- Pace yourself. Remember to have a drink at each of the bars (kick-off with a Kamm & Sons #BritSpritz aperitif) and #EatResponsibly.
- Bring a cloak. We’ve got a cloakroom.
- Take photos. Instagram your favourite food/friends/conquests and let us know you were here.
- Don’t say ‘nom’, ‘bad boys’ or ‘food porn’. You WILL be blocked/banned/deported. #NomBan
- Clean as you go please. Thank you.