How to #HawkerHouse
#HawkerHouse is like any other Street Feast you've been to*, except it's fully indoors, licenced until midnight and has more bars than ever before.
Here are our tips on how to make the most of our last four weekends at #HawkerHouse (the best Street Feast ever):
- Arrive early or come late. #HawkerHouse is open from 5pm to midnight and it gets REALLY busy between 7.30-9pm. Entry is free before 7pm and after 11pm and £3 in-between.
- Chirpse. Say hello to someone you’ve never met before. #QueueDating
- Warm up at the Hot Bar. We’re fully indoors and have plenty of heaters but there’s nothing like a Hot Toddy, Hawker Hot Chocolate or Hot Buttered Rum to take the chill off.
- Graze. Bring a few friends and share everything. That way you get to try more and eat loads. #Sharesies
- Have a drink at the Whisky Bar. There are fifty of our favourite whiskies to choose from. If you can't decide try #WhiskyRoulette, our Random Whisky Generator. If you’ve never been drunk on whisky, you’ve never been drunk. #Whisky50
- Drink BIG - Share a magnum of great wine at Street Vin and/or a giant festival-sized cocktail at the Rotary Bar.
- Bring cash. The bars all take cards but if you’re eating you’ll need a fistful of folding. There are a couple of free cash machines on Hackney Road, just south of #HawkerHouse.
- Don’t hog a seat all night. There’s a dancefloor and you need to get on it.
- Shoot a Pickleback, a Picklejack or a Chilliback - a shot of booze chased with a shot of spicy pickle juice. They’re delicious and addictive. For a crash course order the Six Shooter and try one of each.
- Pace yourself - Remember to eat everything and #EatResponsibly.
- Bring a cloak. We’ve got a cloakroom now.
- Divide and conquer. Get in the queue for Breddos and send your mate off to Slider Bar next door. In a few minutes you'll have earned yourself a megamix of tacos and sliders.
- Great street food deserves great street wine. Head to Street Vin for delicious wines from interesting producers at good prices.
- Don’t say ‘nom’, ‘bad boys’ or ‘food porn’. You WILL be blocked/banned/deported. #NomBan
- Take photos. Instagram your favourite food/friends/conquests and let us know you were here. #HawkerHouse
- Don’t leave before pudding. Sorbitium’s hot puds, choc ices and hot apple & pecan crumble sundaes are as good as their ice cream. Which is the best.
- Clean as you go. Thank you.
*If you've still not been to Street Feast you need to sort your life out.
Photo credit: The Gaztronome