Truck Stop Routemap
Merchant Yard eat our dust! We’re hitting the road this week with 20 food trucks in tow – the UK’s biggest ever culinary convoy.
On Thursday and Friday from 5-11pm we’ll be parking up at the stunning waterside Wood Wharf site in E14 and we’re kicking things off with a festival of all things Americana – the perfect backdrop for any Independence Day celebrations.
We've got hot dogs from Engine (including 'The Big Richard' - 9" of smoked pork loving), hand brined salt beef from The Bell & Brisket, meatloaf dogs (with an oozing fontina cheese middle) and mini calazone fritters from Cheeky Italian, pimped up Mac & Cheese from Anna Mae's, fresh fruit blended frozen yoghurt from The Little Mixing Factory (choose from strawberry, raspberry, blueberry and mango) and 'Funkadelic' butterflied chicken and chorizo burgers and classic Buffalo wings from Funky Chicken. Plus loads more.
This video should rev up your appetite:
As well as all your favourite food trucks (and a few new ones) we’ve got a Taco Shack, a BBQ pit, a Mariachi band and a really long bar from Rotary serving festival-style, pint-sized cocktails and London’s best craft beer. If that hasn’t set your pulse racing check out our list of 10 things at Truck Stop you might not have tried before:
- Brewery fresh beer. There are just three pubs in London doing ‘brewery fresh’ lager from Meantime and we’ve got their Beer Tank at Truck Stop brim-full of 880 pints of the stuff. It’s like drinking a beer inside the brewery itself, as fresh as the day it was made. Get in.
- A Chilliback. These were invented at #TacoWars and are WAY better than Picklebacks - a shot of Jose Cuervo tequila chased with a shot of Breddo’s pickled habanero juice. Repeat. It’s sweet, spicy and DELICIOUS. Bet you can’t stop at one.
- Masala fries. It may sound like it was dreamt up in a Glaswegian chip shop but Baba G’s masala fries are seriously good. Crisp, tangy and rich.
- A keg stand. This one requires at least two friends and a keg of Camden craft beer. Put your feet up and let your hair down. Kegs can be pre-ordered for Friday only and all the details are here.
- The Bowler’s meatballs. Forget Subway, the Meatball Subwich is the one you want.
- A Breddo’s taco – These guys run a Saturday Taco Shack in London Fields and you won’t find finer anywhere. Don’t leave without trying one of their 55 day aged short rib tacos.
- Frontier. This is a brand new craft lager from Fuller’s that will be on tap for the duration of Truck Stop. It’s citrusy, spicy, refreshing and yours for just £4.50 a pint.
- Decent frozen yoghurt. It’s massive in the States and for good reason. See what you’ve been missing at The Little Mixing Factory – Britain’s first frozen yoghurt van.
- Queue Dating. Chat someone up in the queue for a hot dog. Speed queuing is the new cool way to meet people.
- Peanut Butter & Jelly ice cream. Just one of many brilliant Southern-state flavours devised by ice cream experts Sorbitium Ices. The Buttermilk & Strawberry scoops will change your life.
Truck Stop tickets are just £10 each, which gets you entrance to the site and 10 Truck Stop dollars for spending at the Rotary Cocktail and Craft Beer Bars! BUY NOW
Find us on Google Maps.
Jul 24th, 2014
>Panina wedding dresses - With lots of style, colour and fabric options out there, deciding upon the Panina wedding dresses might be a daunting job. On the other hand, most brides just know when they have identified the Panina wedding dresses. From the moment they put around the dress, they instinctively understand that this can be the Panina wedding dresses for them.. A beach theme could use sprigs of sea holly and eucalyptus leaves. There are many wedding ideas that you can use to make sure that the day is memorable.Getting Ready:The morning of the wedding can traditionally be very busy with attendants, moms, hairdressers and stylists all busying themselves getting ready and getting you ready! This is the time to find some inner calm. http://www.dressmini.com/price-0-100-short-mini-homecoming-dresses http://www.dressmini.com