How To Street Feast
Street Feast is the greatest thing to happen to street food since the invention of the hot dog (c.1904).
Each week, between three and five thousand people make their way to Merchant Yard and it's become a phenomenon. There are just four Fridays left at the current site on Kingsland Road and they may never find a better space to play with. Get down there while you can and here's how you make the most of it:
- Say hello to someone you've never met before. Speed queuing is the new cool way to meet people. #QueueDating
- Drink at least one Negroni before you eat. It's good for the appetite, the digestion and the soul.
- Come with someone and share everything. That way you get to try more and eat loads. #Sharesies.
- Get a drink the minute you land and explore the yard with this in hand. If you're queuing for food without a drink to enjoy, you are doing it wrong.
- Don't hog a seat all night. Street Feast is a circus not a restaurant and the seats are the waltzers - jump on, have a spin and then jump off so someone else can have a go. Cheers.
- Clean as you go. Thank you.
- The Yard Bar takes cards but you'll need some cash if you want to eat so bring a fistful of folding. The cashpoint across the road can't cope with demand and you don't want to queue for your loot.
- High five anyone wearing a hat.
- Find Dom and say 'Nice one' because he is Mr Street Feast and set the whole thing up.
- Find JD and say 'VIBES' because he might buy you a drink. #Vibes
- Fist bump Hugo.
- Bum fist Luke. He loves it.
- Whatever you do, don't miss The Gin Store.